Thursday, December 1, 2011

Family Updates From Stoney

FROM:
Bob Stonecipher

11-28-11

We just returned from a wonderful Thanksgiving with our oldest daughter and favorite granddaughter in Columbia , SC. Joining us was my daughter’s special friend and his oldest son.
We have many things for which to be thankful. Those near the top of the list include:
1] My wife’s complete surprise that I have never regretted retiring. Retirement is a ball.
2] Despite a company closing, cutbacks, and threats of layoffs, both my daughters and their loved ones survived the year with their dreams intact.
3] My granddaughter’s father [and my former son-in-law] recently transferred from Afghanistan to Qatar . Hopefully he will remain there until January when he returns to his National Guard unit.
4] Our granddaughter remains undaunted in her freshman year at Clemson University . She certainly did not acquire her serene confidence from her paternal grandparents.
I probably should have added to the list the fun I had when we returned to Atlanta and read all of the emails. It was more fun than trying to find room for a second piece of pie following my daughter’s Thanksgiving feast. The Athens city of Indiana certainly has produced a wonderful group of people. Would everyone allow David Walls to post these responses into his web site? Assuming David would agree, of course. I think a “Day in the life of the Class of 64” would be enjoyed by all.

Finally. O.K. Galloway . Son, how did you get a yacht into the mountains of Afghanistan !??...or is that Tora Bora?

1 comment:

Blog Administrator said...

Classmates

I have started to add a new section to our Class of 1964 Site, and you can "click" on the section,
CHS 1964 Alumni News on the right hand side of the main page. I will be adding the rest of our Class's Holiday Messages soon. Ever classmember will have a post of their own, and we can update, delete or add any future messages as they come into you. Remember that any class member can add directly a comment to any of the pages or post on the site. Just click on the word, "comment" and put in a check under, "Anonymous". The comment then is sent to me and I add it to the proper post. Any questions or changes, just let me know.

Thanks,
David Walls
solpet3@yahoo.com