Friday, December 2, 2011

October, 2010 Social Pictures

Message from Janie on October, 2010

Wow! What another incredible evening! Besides myself and Gary, there was JB Rowan, Gary Neel, Jim Miller, Larry Cooper, Bev Keller Surber, Penny White Hendricks, Jacki Patton, Bev Douglas Wilhoit, Cathi Coffing Weliever, Sherry Horney Long and Penny Zachary Middleton. I don't know who did the most talking or had the most fun. The boys discussed situations I can't write about regarding when they went to basic training. Now all I can say is - Is this really our boys?! There were some very tall tales told. I realize you guys out of town want to know but - as always - all of us there are sworn to secrecy. But I'll make you a deal. When you all come to the 50th I'll tell you these secrets! I only promised not to write about it!!!! We had great food - as always. Gary really enjoyed his visit. As usual, old memories were relived and new memories were made. I wish all of you could make these mini-reunions. But I guess if you did, it wouldn't be mini - would it. We all visited and talked for about 4 hours. We laughed and also had a couple of serious moments. It is amazing what you can recall. Most of us were from Tuttle. So there was lots to recall - Maude Warbinton, Ms Foster, Ms Rich and of course, our dear Principal - Clyde Gentry. Circle Ball - Tuttle vs John Beard at the basketball games. Oh, speaking of basketball - that reminds me of our cheerleaders in high school. Gary and JB told some interesting stories about how they watched the cheerleaders practice when they were supposed to be in a locked gym. Sherry learned a lot and swears it is not true. Here is one for you that we discussed. Remember Pep Block and Boys ABC Pep Block? We did. We talked about how there is no school spirit anymore. We discussed how we made that gym shake, rattle and roll - literally! Our school vibrated with SPIRIT!!!!! Remember all the formations the Pep Block made? How can I write about all of this. Gary said he will never forget the vibrations and the gym actually shaking! We all did. Think back all of you about our formations, our spirit, our dedication, our school - Our Class!! Those were the days!! But you know what? Every time we visit with a class mate we remind ourselves of something different and make new days. I try my best to share with you but it is just impossible to relate everything. We have such good times remembering. I want to thank Gary for taking the time out of his schedule to visit with all of us. We truly enjoyed seeing him and look forward to his next visit. He promised to be at the 50th also. Don't forget, if you are coming home, let me know and we will have some fun with you also.

I will close in saying this - I want to thank each and every one of you for all your kind mail to me. Just knowing you enjoy these crazy mails makes my day!! I'm so proud to be a part of the Class of 64 and more than that - I'm so happy to be a part of your lives.

Everyone take care and stay in touch. Start now making plans for our 50th. It is going to be the best reunion any class at CHS has ever had. Promise!!!!!!!!

Love You All -
Janie


Gary Garver, JB Rowan


Janie Jones-Ryan, Larry Cooper

Jim Miller, Gary Neel


Jim Miller, Gary Neel (hidden), Larry Cooper, Janie Jones-Ryan, Jacki Pattton, Bev Keller-Surber


Janie Jones-Ryan, JB Rowan, Sherry Horney-Long, Bev Keller-Surber

No comments: